Some reviews


Why is it so difficult to meet somebody today?


In spite of all the networking possibilities and social media?

If you are Single, Divorced or Widowed and want to get back into the Dating game, if you're looking for that elusive partner, you will be interested to hear how a pro went about it. I was a matchmaker in Ireland and had my own dating agency. I'm sharing my experience and insider views with my readers. For more info see my book's website: www.NextTimeLucky.com!

I had the honor of being asked to come on the local NBC show First Coast Living twice in the last week to give dating advice. If you missed it, you can read all that stuff in my book.



Sunday, September 21, 2014

What do Men Really Want? A Matchmaker Divulges her Secrets


What do men really want? I knew what I wanted.  And I knew what the men in my dating agency had specified as high on their wish lists.  When I signed clients on as new members, I always interviewed them at length in order to get to know them and their expectations, and I also wanted to learn about what was important to them in a partner.  I had spent many hours conducting these interviews.  Men wanted someone younger than themselves, attractive, loving, and caring with a great sense of humor.  My lady clients all wanted a tall man, even the 5’2” ones wanted someone 6’ or taller, which always bothered me.  There already weren’t enough tall men in Ireland for tallish women like myself.  They also wanted an honest and reliable man who offered security and was active, combined with a great sense of humor.  These were the bare necessities, the absolute must haves; the rest were additional trimmings.  When I pressed men for more information, for details of what they found attractive in a woman, I got all kinds of answers.  Some said they were attracted to a woman’s eyes or her smile first.  Others claimed to be attracted to the toss of her hair.  One claimed he looked at a woman’s hands first.  Others seemed more honest, admitting they were attracted to a woman’s curves; this was sometimes accompanied by an automatic gesture of hands over chest, indicating big boobs.  Some wanted a lady “with all on it”.  They would say, “Don’t give me a bag of bones!” Beauty is deemed to be in the eye of the beholder.  Good thing, because otherwise, we would all be hankering after the same person.


No comments: