Some reviews


Why is it so difficult to meet somebody today?


In spite of all the networking possibilities and social media?

If you are Single, Divorced or Widowed and want to get back into the Dating game, if you're looking for that elusive partner, you will be interested to hear how a pro went about it. I was a matchmaker in Ireland and had my own dating agency. I'm sharing my experience and insider views with my readers. For more info see my book's website: www.NextTimeLucky.com!

I had the honor of being asked to come on the local NBC show First Coast Living twice in the last week to give dating advice. If you missed it, you can read all that stuff in my book.



Thursday, September 25, 2014

What do Men Really Want (2) A Matchmaker's Secrets



Somehow Cupid had not shot his arrows in both directions.  I remembered an incident over an introduction I had made in the first year of running the agency.  It was my job to select the men for every lady myself according to her specifications and the impression I had gotten of her during the interview.  This couple had hit it off on their first date to the extent that they spent the whole weekend together.
She called me first thing Monday morning and was over the moon.  She told me how wonderful it was and that she was in love.  No more introductions please until further notice! A couple of hours later, the fellow I had matched her with called.
“I hear you had a good time?” I said enthusiastically.
“Yes, she was all right.  Do you have a few more like her?”
I had to take a deep breath.  “But why so soon?”  I asked.
“I enjoyed myself and would like my money’s worth out of my membership, you understand?” It took some delicate diplomatic efforts on my part to defuse that situation.  What was Amor thinking last weekend? How could he get it so wrong, or does he go off duty? Does he forget our names? Our needs? It wasn’t the only time I wondered about his wisdom and actual shooting capabilities.


No comments: