Some reviews


Why is it so difficult to meet somebody today?


In spite of all the networking possibilities and social media?

If you are Single, Divorced or Widowed and want to get back into the Dating game, if you're looking for that elusive partner, you will be interested to hear how a pro went about it. I was a matchmaker in Ireland and had my own dating agency. I'm sharing my experience and insider views with my readers. For more info see my book's website: www.NextTimeLucky.com!

I had the honor of being asked to come on the local NBC show First Coast Living twice in the last week to give dating advice. If you missed it, you can read all that stuff in my book.



Friday, February 10, 2012

The Writer's Block Interviews: Siggy Buckley

1)     Describe your journey as an author/writer.

My scribblings started as a diary when I was online dating. Then I met my now husband the 'natural 'way. He encouraged   me to put my encounters into the form of a book. Daredevil that I am, I even wrote it in English which is not my first language, although I have a master's   degree in teaching it.While waiting for my literary agent to sell my manuscript, I discovered my love for blogging. And here I am, consummate   blogger and now self-published author. Needless to say, my agent wasn't   successful. But I'm forging on.

2)     Do you specialize in any particular genre(s)?   

Memoirs which I disguise as a novel. I have a travel blog that I converted into a book: www.Intrepidhomeswappers.blogspot.com which became  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005N0N3CO.   

3)     Who are your favorite authors? How do they inspire your work?


I love thrillers for example by Elizabeth George. Unfortunately I don't have the imagination to pull off a   whodunnit.  Irish writers like female like Nuala O'Faoilan and Sheila O' Flanagan. There I'm waiting (and hoping) for their 'voices' to rub off on me...

4)     Tell us about your most current project. 

The launch of a new blog for writers www.writersgettoether.blogspot.com took a lot of my time over the past 2 months. It's a new platform for  bloggers and writers to get noticed through social media networks. My current brainchild is a book about child abuse that went on in Ireland in the sixties. It is of a similar theme as " The Magdalene Sisters", if  you have seen the movie. I 'm also finishing up book #3 called I Once Had a Farm in Ireland, also autobiographical.

5)     How did you choose your publisher? Describe that process.

Not having been successful with my agent,  I couldn't sit back and decided to self-publish. From all the possible choices, I picked Createspace because they have a good reputation, deliver quality books, and you have no costs upfront.

6)     How do you promote your work? What strategies have been the most successful? 

I rely on creating an internet presence on various blogs and websites as well as social networking. I'm also a member of the National League of American Pen Women.

7)     What else have you written/published?



I wrote a lot of articles for www.opednews.com and  www.americanchronicle.com under my maiden name, Ursula Siebert; an eBook called Intrepid Homeswappers: Secrets to Successful Home Swapping (How to   save thousands on your next vacation) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005N0N3CO; plus a blog that goes with the website of my novel Next Time Lucky called www.Nexttimelucky.blogspot.com where I give up-to-date dating advice. Another subject close to my heart is related to everything organic and green since my days on an Irish organic farm  www.Inandoutofireland.blogspot.com.


8)     What do you plan to accomplish in 2012? 

Sell a lot of books; finish book #3; establish myself in my new role as blog talk hostess together with Angelica Harris on "Monday Lunch Hour" http://www.blogtalkradio.com/angelicaharris

9)     What advice would you give to budding writers?

Write about what you know and don't give up the day job.


10)   What is your definition of success as a writer? 

To get the response here that I was used to (as a matchmaker) in Ireland : "Yes, I've heard about you!" Even from the former Prime Minister (Taoiseach).


Author Bio:  Former matchmaker par excellence - or Dating Guru as the Irish media liked to call me- I was born in Germany. Having achieved a Masters Degree in English, I got married, had two children and then emigrated to Ireland with my family for the GOOD LIFE.

Involuntary life on an Irish farm produced a crop of misgivings and the break-up of our marriage. Single again, I launched a dating service in Dublin which eventually planted the seeds for this novel. I'm now happily married and live in the USA.

Next Time Lucky  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Next-Time-Lucky/245003752184595?ref=ts

https://twitter.com/#!/Hernibs

www.writersgettogether.blogspot.com

No comments: