Some reviews


Why is it so difficult to meet somebody today?


In spite of all the networking possibilities and social media?

If you are Single, Divorced or Widowed and want to get back into the Dating game, if you're looking for that elusive partner, you will be interested to hear how a pro went about it. I was a matchmaker in Ireland and had my own dating agency. I'm sharing my experience and insider views with my readers. For more info see my book's website: www.NextTimeLucky.com!

I had the honor of being asked to come on the local NBC show First Coast Living twice in the last week to give dating advice. If you missed it, you can read all that stuff in my book.



Tuesday, April 9, 2013

In the Booth with Ruth

In the Booth with Ruth – Siggy Buckley In the Booth with Ruth - Writer Interviews on April 8, 2013 at 10:50 am Siggy Buckley

What’s your writing background? When did you begin writing and what inspired you?
I was a college adjunct professor for teaching English (being a German citizen) for years. When my life took an unexpected turn, I started ‘to take notes’. My then husband had opted out of the rat race for health and environmental reasons. He was a CPA, and made us emigrate from a professional German background to become organic farmers in the sticks of Ireland: for The Good Life. It was a challenge and a culture shock for me. This created a crop of misgivings and, unfortunately, our marriage broke up over it.
How often do you write? And how do you manage to fit in writing among other commitments?
My writing is sporadic due to some medical issues I have, but I’m blogging and on Facebook every day. I’d also like to recommend my writers website www.writersgettogether.blogspot.com that has become well established in just one year. If you are a blogger or writer, please do become a contributor too! That’s where readers can find me and also some other websites including www.siggybuckley.blogspot.com, www.nexttimelucky.com, which is a working blog with the latest on dating, and www.nexttimelucky.blogspot.com. I can also be found on www.americanchronicles.com and www.opednews.com with political or environmental articles. If you have an interest in all matters green, www.inandoutofIreland.blogspot.com might interest you. I’ve been a member of Greenpeace and environmental activist for over twenty years.
In which genre do you most enjoy writing?
Creative non-fiction. I lived through enough material for another book.
What draws you to write in that genre?
Somehow I lack the imagination to write thrillers or paranormal stuff. When I get hooked or hyped up over some political or environmental issues, I also write articles for www.americanchronicles.com and www.opednews.com.
Tell me about your current project(s)?
Where and how to find a new partner in a country where divorce wasn’t even legal yet? I started my own dating agency to skim off the cream – as a journalist put it in an interview. I became the “Dating Guru” or “Chief Cupid” of Ireland. Enough to write a book about! When the internet took over the dating scene even in remote Ireland, I jumped on the cyber highway myself to find that elusive soul mate. The book is called “Next Time Lucky: Lessons of a Matchmaker”. It’s a sassy read and a naughty ride! Its new and third edition has an additional chapter with practical advice on “How to find Your Mr. Right.” It’s available now on Amazon, and the paperback now is available though Lightning Source and Ingrams and can be ordered in bookstores.
What are your writing plans for the future?
I lived through enough material for another book and that is almost finished, just being edited. It’s called “I once had a farm in Ireland – An Organic Life Story.” Again, it’s a work of creative non-fiction – my favourite genre – with plenty of advice on how to pluck chickens or geese, nurse weak lambs, groom sheep (shearing and clipping their toenails). Ah, and the homebrew making wine out of elderberries or rhubarb!  
Where can people find out more about you?
Next Time Lucky is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble as well as another little ebook of mine about my home swapping experience: “Intrepid Homeswappers: Insider Secrets for Successful Home Swapping”. If you want to get a first impression, go to my hub, please at www.siggybuckley.blogspot.com. I call it my ‘Omnibus’. (Unfortunately, the flash links I used are not supported on Apple gadgets).
My personal Facebook page is here.
The Next Time Lucky Facebook page is here.
The Intrepid Home Swapping page is here.
Twitter: @Hernibs
Here is the newest book trailer on Youtube - Enjoy!
Thank you so much for the opportunity of telling you about me and my writings.