Some reviews


Why is it so difficult to meet somebody today?


In spite of all the networking possibilities and social media?

If you are Single, Divorced or Widowed and want to get back into the Dating game, if you're looking for that elusive partner, you will be interested to hear how a pro went about it. I was a matchmaker in Ireland and had my own dating agency. I'm sharing my experience and insider views with my readers. For more info see my book's website: www.NextTimeLucky.com!

I had the honor of being asked to come on the local NBC show First Coast Living twice in the last week to give dating advice. If you missed it, you can read all that stuff in my book.



Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fiftty Shades or Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


I didn't want to read it because I'm not into Erotica and it smelled too much of Marquis de Sade's Story of O which I absolutely detested. However, as the author of a somewhat raunchy book (Next Time Lucky: Lessons of a Matchmaker), I wanted to find out what the big hype is all about and why this book is selling better than mine.
I did not find out. The writing style is bland and predictable, cliche after cliche. Self-made billionaire at 27? Right. College graduate, virgin, who never got drunk or masturbated...right!But she willingly goes along with S& M and enjoys it. Triple right!? Eye-candy for voyeurs, unbelievable throughout because guess what: This totally ordinary, stubborn and self-centered young girl is changing Mr.S&M.Right!
My book on the other hand has some intelligent and witty passages, sprinkled with some sexy scenes, and is written out of experience-- something that millions of divorced people can relate to. But then again I don't like Paranormal, zombies or werewolves either, something that people read to escape reality. Well, then...
So I will not recommend 50 Shades. If you didn't like it either, contact me and I'll send you a FREE e-copy of my novel. Seriously.



View all my reviews