Some reviews


Why is it so difficult to meet somebody today?


In spite of all the networking possibilities and social media?

If you are Single, Divorced or Widowed and want to get back into the Dating game, if you're looking for that elusive partner, you will be interested to hear how a pro went about it. I was a matchmaker in Ireland and had my own dating agency. I'm sharing my experience and insider views with my readers. For more info see my book's website: www.NextTimeLucky.com!

I had the honor of being asked to come on the local NBC show First Coast Living twice in the last week to give dating advice. If you missed it, you can read all that stuff in my book.



Saturday, March 12, 2011

Excerpt from my book NTL--a piece of advice

I had deluded myself with the picture of Prince Charming that he had created, stringing me along with his instant conversational legerdemain. My imagination had run wild over a seductive scenario of the Promised Land and titillating sex. He was clever enough to portray himself in a fashion that he knew would appeal to me. And I fell into this trap, − a trap which was easily crated using this cagey medium of quasi-reality, known as cyber-dating. You think the person at the other end is just as real and honest as you are, but they can pretend something and everything. While I thought I was in charge of the situation and had the ability to suss out his credibility, he had the upper hand all along whetting my appetite, reassuring and but always careful to keep me at arm’s length. If you can’t call someone at home, if your travel schedule somehow never matches his, if in fact he never wants to meet up — there must be something wrong. Come to think of it, behind the desirable package of a man (pardon the pun) on a dream island in the Indian Ocean there could be Quasimodo himself grinning from the suburbs of Dublin, Tora Bora or worse. He may well be in Mauritius, but he could be also in a relationship and secretly enjoying a tease from time to time to spice up his stale marital sex life. Who knows? It’s hard to tell the Romeos from the Pinocchios....
And in the meantime, I determined that I should not get excited so quickly about a few well phrased, witty lines and seductive promises. Dee sure was right about one thing. If you want to have a chance at telling a jerk from a keeper, I needed to ask more questions, watch out for clear giveaways, and be more suspicious when a man pours it on too thick as Gerard had done. I needed to apply what they call “due diligence” in business when acquiring a new contract.
“Shouldn’t you have more than an inkling about dating, Miss Matchmaker?”

No comments: