Some reviews


Why is it so difficult to meet somebody today?


In spite of all the networking possibilities and social media?

If you are Single, Divorced or Widowed and want to get back into the Dating game, if you're looking for that elusive partner, you will be interested to hear how a pro went about it. I was a matchmaker in Ireland and had my own dating agency. I'm sharing my experience and insider views with my readers. For more info see my book's website: www.NextTimeLucky.com!

I had the honor of being asked to come on the local NBC show First Coast Living twice in the last week to give dating advice. If you missed it, you can read all that stuff in my book.



Thursday, August 5, 2010

Successful Internet Dating

I only did research on this topic for this blog --after the fact I owned and ran a dating service in Dublin myself, after I used online dating sites myself, and after I wrote the book "Next Time Lucky". I found there are books galore available to get advice once you've made the decision you want to go down that road. Since I see myself as one of the pioneers in the early days of online dating, there were no such books around. Even Dating for Dummies appeared later. What I liked lately is a book that gives "A commonsense guide to successful internet dating". Don't know why I promote somebody else's book here...Probably because it gives good advice and serves a different purpose. It is written by an insider of one of the big companies who compares the various sites, prices and services you get for your money. You may need all the help you can get in a tough ,competitive market; just like landing a prestigious job.Let me quote:"Online liars are real life liars. With online dating, you're just finding out the truth a little bit later, that's all."
My book, on the other hand, tells you the story of one woman and her experiences, her encounters and opinions on the characters she met.

No comments: