Some reviews


Why is it so difficult to meet somebody today?


In spite of all the networking possibilities and social media?

If you are Single, Divorced or Widowed and want to get back into the Dating game, if you're looking for that elusive partner, you will be interested to hear how a pro went about it. I was a matchmaker in Ireland and had my own dating agency. I'm sharing my experience and insider views with my readers. For more info see my book's website: www.NextTimeLucky.com!

I had the honor of being asked to come on the local NBC show First Coast Living twice in the last week to give dating advice. If you missed it, you can read all that stuff in my book.



Thursday, February 11, 2016

All I Need is You

"Life does not prepare us enough, nor is life on the curriculum of any school.  Our hormones keep pushing us into the direction of mating, sometimes successfully, sometimes erroneously.  Yet we all stumble on, looking for another chance in this school of hard knocks, often resigning ourselves to not having any luck in this game of love." (Excerpt from Next Time Lucky).




As if life wasn't difficult enough without the interference of our hormones, modern courtship no longer deals with handwritten love letters and date nights in solitude. Couples have to deal with distractions of our modern technology advanced era. Challenges like phones and social media vie for your time together and apart. Throw Facebook, Instagram as well as Tinder and every chatroom into the mix, a budding relationship can truly become a puzzle.

The ever present phone can ruin a romantic meal; tapping on your phone and receiving messages while on a date not only sends the wrong signals to the person in front of you but may also be a telltale sign that the attraction is not mutual.

My simple Valentine Day's date advice: ditch your phone, concentrate on your date, read body language and listen! Yes, the old fashioned tuning in to the person that interests you. 




No comments: