Some reviews


Why is it so difficult to meet somebody today?


In spite of all the networking possibilities and social media?

If you are Single, Divorced or Widowed and want to get back into the Dating game, if you're looking for that elusive partner, you will be interested to hear how a pro went about it. I was a matchmaker in Ireland and had my own dating agency. I'm sharing my experience and insider views with my readers. For more info see my book's website: www.NextTimeLucky.com!

I had the honor of being asked to come on the local NBC show First Coast Living twice in the last week to give dating advice. If you missed it, you can read all that stuff in my book.



Friday, January 23, 2015

Hang 10: Tips from a Matchmaker

With Valentine's approaching, it's the time of year again to double your efforts  when you're single. At least in your head: What could you do in order to have a date at least if not Mr. Right on your arm?

My latest interview with a local newspaper Beaches Leader (1-22-15) asked me the same question in their Hang 10. If you can't get hold of a copy, here are my answers:



1. How did you get started as a writer? 
2. Was your writing always on the topic of love and relationships?
3. What made you decide to take your writing in this direction? 
4. How do you come up with the advice you give to others? 
5. Does a lot of your advice come from person experience? 
6. How have your dating tips changed with the evolution of online dating? 
7. If you could give one dating tip to all singles, what would it be?
8. What do you believe is the biggest dating mistake someone can make? 
9. What's your favorite part about helping others find love? 
10. What is your advice for Beaches singles looking to meet someone?

                                          

Answers:
1. Even as student I wanted to be a journalist, became a language teacher instead. Then"Sex and the City" --notably Carrie Bradshaw- inspired me to write my own diary of similar questions that haunted me: Sex in the Country.
2.No, that's how it started; mostly I write biographic also as poems, short stories or travelogs.
3.My own experience as  a divorced woman in Ireland who started her own dating business to find Mr. Right.
4. As a matchmaker, I became the agony aunt for my clients. I monitored their progress and knew what worked and what not.
5. ...as well as business experience. You live and you learn, it's on no school curriculum.
6. My book reflects my experience as an internet dating pioneer. I'm no longer in the business, but the nature of people doesn't change that much. Only the apps!
7. Don't leave your personality at the door of a relationship! (Be who you are!)
8. To be talking about your ex all the time and compare everyone to them.
9.I loved wedding invitations and births announcements!
10.Check back with me in a year to find out where the hot spots are. In the meantime, read my book Next Time Lucky: How to Find Your Mr. Right- in particular, the chapters at the end with dating advice.
                                                             


For more dating tips, tune in to WJCT (local NPR), on 89.9 0n 2/13 for my interview with Melissa Ross at 9.a.m.

3 comments:

Flirty & Feisty Romance said...

Interesting answers, Siggy. Do you miss not becoming a journalist? Getting first hand experience in love matters a great deal.

Wish you the best always,
Stella

Anonymous said...

I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice article I've ever seen i like it i learn something today.

Siggy Buckley said...

Thanks for comments. Glad you liked it. Reminds me I have to write more here...but published another book in the meantime: I one had a Farm in Ireland: Living the Organic Lifestyle (http://www.amazon.com/Once-Had-Farm-Ireland-Lifestyle-ebook/dp/B00WVMQ3G0/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8)
Cheers! Siggy