Some reviews


Why is it so difficult to meet somebody today?


In spite of all the networking possibilities and social media?

If you are Single, Divorced or Widowed and want to get back into the Dating game, if you're looking for that elusive partner, you will be interested to hear how a pro went about it. I was a matchmaker in Ireland and had my own dating agency. I'm sharing my experience and insider views with my readers. For more info see my book's website: www.NextTimeLucky.com!

I had the honor of being asked to come on the local NBC show First Coast Living twice in the last week to give dating advice. If you missed it, you can read all that stuff in my book.



Monday, December 26, 2011

Online Etiquette and Answering Obnoxious Emails

In an article I read today that ladies you have the right to remain silent when approached by some unsavory specimen of the dating race . I chose that many a time over answering to some Tom Dick and Harry who had just spotted my pic or profile, started drooling over what he saw and hadn't even bothered to read my most basic requirements which were clearly open to see for everybody. Why approach a smoker when she clearly wants a smoke-free zone? What business does an out on the town-every night party-girl have in chatting up an alcoholic anonymous other than for a laugh maybe?
To convey these simple common-sense ideas to someone who is already smitten by your profile is not alwasy as easy as you might think.
Here's an excerpt from my book where I encountered just this predicament:
"The men I was chasing were elusive.  On the other hand, I was approached by some, but I had no interest in them.  One short-ass by the name of Ken annoyed me over the course of several evenings, contacting me again and again after I told him I was not that interested.  After all, I was free to pick and choose.  I don’t remember the exact words I wrote, but it was something to the effect of I liked a man to be taller and somewhat more handsome.  Oh boy, did I poke a hornet’s nest!

”I suppose with your looks, requests to you border on the annoying.  It is bad enough for one’s ego to have to send 10 messages off to get one reply, but when the reply is such as yours, you might as well have kicked me when I was down.  I’m sure with a mind and a tongue as caustic as yours you will get the man you deserve, but it won’t be me.  Ken.”

What a jerk! I had no intention of hurting his feelings.  But he had not got the message the first time round.  How explicit does one have to be? There you are, Cherie, you and your caustic tongue.  I know diplomacy is not my forte, but neither is arse-licking."  .....
"Now Ken-the-Persistent had confirmed I was not cut out for diplomacy.  So be it.  But next time, I would just say “stop” emphatically as many times as needed and squelch any explanations that might provoke my more resistant wannabees.  So, Cherie, in some situations on the net, like in “real life”, it’s better not to know why you were dumped despite feeling other times that “If I only knew why…” it would somehow ease the blow.


No comments: